Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

It's Called "Pop" not "Soda"

It is officially Lent, so for the next few weeks I am soda pop free. Except the occasional Sunday, because every good Catholic knows Sundays don't count during lent. I am pretty sure that I will continue to avoid pop even after Easter. I don't know if I can commit to giving it up completely, but I am definitely going to limit my consumption. We all know that pop is bad for us but exactly how bad is it?
Here is a table that explains just how bad pop is for you body:

That alone is enough evidence to get me to lay off the soda. Which hopefully shouldn't be a problem since I found this delicious new water "recipe" that actually helps your body!

Sassy Water:
1 pitcher
8 1/2 cups water (ideally filtered water)
1 teaspoon grated ginger (to boost metabolism)
1 medium cucumber, sliced thin (a natural diuretic, helps the body release stored excess water)
1 medium lemon, sliced thin (a digestive aid and liver cleanser)
12 leaves spearmint

I encourage all of you to try it!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE THE POSTER! I think this should be posted in all schools so kids are educated on what all the pop is doing to them. It's amazing how much better you feel when you cut pop out. I stopped drinking pop almost seven years ago and the other day I accidently took a drink of soda at work (I grabbed the wrong glass) and it tasted so NASTY. Like a carbon sip of pure sugar. I can't wait to try your sassy water.
    Trent

    ReplyDelete
  2. First off, I want to say that I love the title to your post. I hate when people say "soda"!! I stopped drinking pop about two years ago, and it has been one of the best decisions I have made. I would drink pop daily, whereas now I might have a pop maybe once a month. My downfall is I love to drink energy drinks. I know I know they are terrible for you. I have recently stopped drinking them and I am having a hard time fighting the craving. My body has gotten used to the sugar and caffeine unfortunately. I, also, like your new water "recipe". I might be trying it out for myself. :)

    ReplyDelete