Search This Blog

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Skinny Fox Detox

Tomorrow I begin my experiment in clean eating.
I have become lazy in how I eat. I rarely cook meals anymore. I usually just microwave or bake something from the grocery store freezer aisle. Or if I'm really being lazy I order takeout or run through a fast food drive thru. Thanks to this wonderful habit, my weight has slowly increased over the years. Well, I've finally gotten fed up with it. I'm ready to make a change and do something about it.

It all begins when I wake up tomorrow and begin my detox. The particular detox I'm doing is a 14-day "teatox" called Mini Fox and it is made by Skinny Fox Detox. I actually stumbled across this in Instagram and followed them for a few months until I finally decided to take the dive.
(Yes they are already opened. I was curious)

This specific teatox consists of two teas, one for the morning and one before bedtime. Then they send you some "Tips and Tricks" along with the tea to help boost the results.
Of course the first tip is to exercise daily, minimum of 30 minutes. They even give you a cheat option if you can get in a work out that day, to do a stomach wrap, which are those wonderful wide belt style wraps that make you sweat profusely. And if you don't own one, saran wrap makes a great substitute.
Then there are the food guidelines, and basically it is just a list of everything delicious that they don't want you to eat while detoxing in order to "reboot" your taste buds. So here it is, for two weeks I will be avoiding
dairy/yogurts
sugar/artificial sweeteners
processed foods
dark meats
fried foods
white pasta/breads/rice
alcohol

Doesn't really leave much, does it?

I've been doing some research on clean eating and meal prepping for a few days to prepare myself for this and made a run to the grocery store this morning for this weeks food.
So not everything is unprocessed, but pretty darn close. I'm hoping most of it will get me through the two weeks, but we will see what is left come next Sunday.
I spent 6 hours this afternoon attempting to cook as much as I could to last me the week, but it seems like all I ended up with was breakfast foods. Clearly I'm not good at planning ahead. 
Wish me luck!

If you are interested or curious about the detox in this blog you can visit their site by clicking here.

2 comments:

  1. Can you post some of the stuff you bought and cooked? I just ordered my 14 day trial and I'm just as lay as you were with eating habits! It's going to be quite difficult changing it around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pinterest was a huge help for me. I searched clean eating and unprocessed recipes and found a ton. I found that meal planning worked the best so I would pick out a couple of recipes for each week. From there I created grocery lists for the foods I needed and also got plenty of fresh fruits and veggies.

    ReplyDelete