Search This Blog

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Last Week's Meals

Here's a little look at what I cooked up for my unprocessed dinners last week.
The top left is a little pasta I thought up on the fly Wednesday night, then made again with leftovers Thursday night. It's whole wheat penne, steamed broccoli and turkey sausage that I mixed up with garlic salt and Italian seasoning. Then I minced up some fresh garlic and sauteed that in olive oil with cayenne pepper then tossed everything into that. It was delicious!
Top right was a recipe I found at cleaneating.com. It is a rosemary chicken and potato salad. Baiscally just chopped up onion, celerey, apple, potatoes, chicken and white beans tossed with lemon juice, olive oil and rosemary. This one was my least favorite so far.
Bottom left was last night's dinner. This was a good one! This one came from allsortsofpretty.com. I did a google search for turkey meatloaf and this was the cleanest and most delicious sounding recipe, also very simple! Just ground turkey, oats, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, egg whites, and shredded zucchini with a little salt and pepper. Then I divided it into a muffin tin and baked for 30 minutes. The topping was just ketchup, sweetener and dried mustard. I put that on top of the cooked meatloaves then cooked for an additional 5 minutes. On the side I had red quinoa and asparagus.
The bottom right was the first dish I made last Sunday, this one lasted me half way through the week. It was orange chicken with a crispy garlic sauce and boy was it good! I'm definitely making it again. Cooked chicken, steamed broccoli sliced orange and chickpeas cooked with some olive oil and cayenne pepper. Then I sliced garlic very thin and sauteed that in olive oil until it was crispy. Rice vinegar was added to that and tossed everything it in then served with brown rice. I think that was another one from cleaneating.com. 

I've got a whole new menu to plan this week and I can't wait! Granola is already in the oven right now! Yum! 

No comments:

Post a Comment