Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Cravings

Do you ever crave chocolate or something salty? For me it's usually both at the same time. I never gave any thought to cravings. I just always assumed it was because of boredom or some other reason my brain was giving me that I didn't know about. It turns out that you actually crave certain things because your body is missing certain nutrients. Even over eating or a loss of appetite can signal a drop in nutrients and vitamins. Here is a list of cravings and what they mean so the next time you want something sweet, you can make a better, healthier choice to satisfy that craving.

1 comment:

  1. This is quite an interesting piece of information you have here Kate! I would never think of the underlying reasons for why I am craving certain items. I am one of those people who constantly crave sweets. Why, I don't know. I feel like I eat fairly healthy for someone my age. I eat three meals a day, one of which I eat a salad with grilled chicken. Yet I am still plagued with a sweet tooth! I honestly could eat chocolate every day. Thanks for sharing this helpful table. :)

    ReplyDelete